7th ASIAN INDOOR CYCLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
What is Cycle Ball
Cycle Ball is played by men only. A team consists of two players who may act as goalkeeper or field player. At international competitions the field uses exactly the same dimensions (11x14 metres) as Artistic Cycling.
A wall 30cm high surrounds the sidelines to keep the ball inside the field.
A game consists of two halves of seven minutes. The teams change ends at half time (two minutes). If a team is obviously delaying the match, the referee may first of all add extra time and if that behaviour continues give a warning or even reprimand the whole team.
The ball itself is usually filled with horsehair and has a diameter of 17 or 18 cm. It can travel at up to 60 km/h.
The ball is moved with either the front wheel or the back wheel. The feet may not kick the ball. Within the goal area the goalkeeper is allowed to use his hands in order to catch the ball and "defend" his goal, which has a size of 2x2 metres.
The goal area surrounds the goal with a semi-circle with a radius of two metres. Only one player of the defending team is allowed inside this area. One member of the attacking team is allowed to move his bike inside the goal area as soon as the ball is inside.
Offences outside the goal area result in a free "kick" for the opposing team. During a free kick the other team must be a minimum of 4 metres from the ball.
Rule offences or offences inside the goal area are punished with a 4 metre-penalty. Should the ball leave the field along the side-lines or base-line the same rules as other ball games apply.
If a player touches the ground he is not allowed to continue. He must cross the base-line (next to his own goal) with the front or back wheel of his bike and then continue with the game. Often the teams avoid this situation with a free kick giving the opposite team no chance to move towards the empty goal.
Rules for Cycle Ball
- The game field has the same size as for the artistic cycling disciplines: 14 x 11 m large. The entire field is surrounded by a slanted boarding (height 30 cm).
- The team consists of two players: one goal-keeper and one field-player. The goal-keeper is also allowed to act as a field-player and vice versa.
- The game time is two half periods of 7 minutes. Halftime is 2 minutes (maximum). Juniors play six minutes twice - youth and pupils 5 minutes twice.
- The ball has a spherical shape and is made from fabric. It has a diameter of 17-18 cm and a weight of 500-600 grams. At a free kick, the speed of the ball can reach 70 km/h.
- The goals are 2 x 2 meters.
- The game is played by striking the ball with the front or back wheel or with the body. The feet and the hands must not be used unless the hands are on the handlebars and the feet on the pedals. Headers are permitted.
- The penalty area is a semi-circle marked by a line with radius of 2 meters in front of the goal. In the penalty ara only one player each of the defending and the attacking team is allowed. The goal-keeper may use his hands to avert the ball.
- A penalty (4 meters) is the punishment for officences committed within a player's own penalty area or in case of a serious fault on the playing field outside a penalty area.
- Other offences are penalised by a free-kick.
- In case of out ball, the ball is placed 1 meter away from the sideline where the ball crossed and the match is continued by a new service.
- A corner is given - in analogy to the soccer rules - after a defender plays the ball over his own goal line. A corner is served from a fixed corner point (2 meters from an extended goal line and 4 meters from the centre of the goal).
- If a player touches the ground during the game with his foot or another body part, he loses his right to play. He may continue to play by crossing his own goal line.
GER vs SUI
Hong Kong Team
powered by http://www.hk-icycling.net